LANDS AVAILABLE FOR TAXES
Please allow up to 30 days for a response to your request for an updated minimum bid. Information must be obtained from the Tax Collector’s Office to determine the current bid amount.
1) Access the Brevard County Clerk of Courts website at www.brevardclerk.us
2) Under “Public Records” please select “Tax Deed Auctions”
3) On the next screen, in “Tax Deed Auction Options” please select “View Tax Deed Files Online”
4) Once on Tribute Web, please select Search Option “By Status”
5) Change Current Status to “LA”
6) Click on “Search Records”
7) Click on the certificate number to view the documents in the file
All Tax Deed properties are sold on a “BUYER BEWARE” basis. All available documents for a tax deed are viewable online. If, after review, you are interested in purchasing a property from the List of Lands Available, please submit a request in writing for the current minimum bid.
- Minimum bid amounts shown online for properties on the List of Lands Available are not the current bid amount.
- All properties on the List of Lands Available are priced according to the most recent certified tax roll. If the property is classified as homestead, ½ of the assessed value of the property will be included in the minimum bid amount until the homestead classification changes and after certification and publication of the new tax rolls by the Tax Collector.
- Requests for bid amounts must be in writing and can be sent via email to: email@example.com , fax to 321-637-2011, or by mail to Brevard County Clerk of Court, PO Box 219, Titusville, FL 32781-0219 Attn: Tax Deed Clerks.
Payments are accepted in our Titusville office only. Payment must be in certified funds. Properties on the List of Lands Available are sold on a first come, first serve basis. If multiple requests are received for the same property our office will attempt to simultaneously notify all bidders with the bid amount.
***BIDS ON PROPERTIES WHERE A CHANGE IN HOMESTEAD STATUS HAS OCCURRED***
Bid amounts calculated when the Tax Collector is working on certifying the most recent tax roll, which typically occurs in October, will reflect the current status of the property according to the tax roll in effect on the bid calculation date. Estimated calculations will not be given or accepted in anticipation of a change in homestead status. Calculations reflecting a change in homestead status will occur after the Clerk is notified by the Tax Collector that the new tax rolls have been certified and published.
If there are multiple parties interested in a property that has had a change in dropped homestead status and those multiple parties are present in our office to submit a bid, a lottery system will be implemented. Bids may only be placed in the Titusville Office. Customers arriving before business hours should line up outside on the south side of the North Brevard Government Service Complex building at 400 South ST, Titusville, FL 32780. Tickets will be distributed in a lottery style system beginning at 8:00 a.m. Each individual customer must show sufficient funds to receive a lottery ticket. Payment is required in certified funds. Cashier’s checks are the recommended method of payment. The sale on this particular day will occur at 10:00 a.m. If the customer who was issued the ticket is not present when their ticket number is called, the ticket is forfeited and a second ticket will be pulled and called for processing.